Here’s our fight and why we’re in it:
- Because the unemployment rate for people with disabilities is more than double for those without
- Because everybody deserves to make a liveable wage and subminimum wage is still legal
- Because women earn less than men for the same work
- Because racism is institutionalized, and the conversations are still too hard to navigate
- Because not enough people are talking, and very few are listening
- Because within empathy lives are changed
- Because people first, always.
Here’s Our Thoughts On...
- Fair Labor Standards Act section 14(c)